Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A not-so brief hiatus and a few changes.

Well, the blog will continue, but I need to change its form.

The point of the blog, for me, was to develop some skills with this sort of software, and I can see that one question a day, at this length, is cutting into my Ars Magica writing time. I've also chosen to do it at the worst time of the year, and the subject I've picked is already thoroughly covered by the Atlas Forums. So, I learned a lot, but the idea crashed, for me, after about a week.

I'd like to keep the blog going, but wind it back to one question a week. I'll open it up so that it can be any Ars topic, and will keep the question that have been sent to me in the list.

The new version will kick off this weekend.

Thanks, for the few people who read, or commented.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that Timothy, but
on the other hand none of us would want it to impose on your published writing.
I am gleefully awaiting City & Guild to arrive at my doorstep within the coming days and this blog has not lessened the anticipation the least!
I'm very glad to hear that you'll continue the blog in spite of the current challenge and I hope it hasn't daunted your will to write long and interesting entries.

Anonymous said...

Hi Timothy,

I considered posting this question on the Ars Forum, but since you are really the one I'd like to hear on it(and since you opened up this blog), I opted to ask it here. If you prefer it otherwise I can move it there. This question is inspired by two of the magi characters in our saga being each others true love.

In Mystery Cults you hint at Criamon abstaining from sexuality, or 'bad'sexuality, but I had difficulties in the chapter finding anything more specific on what this meant. The more I've considered it the more I've come think this might link some generel and interesting aspects of being Criamon and the mission to escape time.

Therefore I'd like to ask you how you think Criamon (grossly generic I know) percieve sensuality, sexuality and most of all the act of having a child? Do their pessimism of the current world make them adverse to setting more people into it? And how does these challenges influence the Criamon - how do they handle them?

Kind Regards,
Jeppe

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the need for the change but looking forward to the new incarnation nonethless.

Regards,

Jarkman

Robert Rodger said...

Well, I am glad to hear that you'll be keeping the blog and look forward to your future posts.